Saturday, February 14, 2009

Do-overs




Why can't I get a do-over? I am not just referring to going back in time because with the same family dynamics, I will be just as fucked up. I have had a fantasy world (since I was very very young); in it my mother (not my current mother--she would be my grandmother) is a sibling to my siblings (my oldest sibling is 60 something and I am 34, so possible). Anyway, I would be a part of a huge loving family. 

Snapping out of it! Back to what is, is what is. Or am I?

As I alluded to earlier, I sort of don't reside in the same world as most people do a lot. I have always been fantasizing about something. I guess that is why I enjoyed reading so much when I was younger. It took me away. Also, I have always been deeply into music, not just the melody but the words too. Classic rock is my genre of choice and, yes, I have had many crushes on many a celebrity, mainly rock stars, especially classic rock stars, occasionally the dead ones. Well my biggest crushes were on the band Led Zeppelin. 

Each member has held the top spot in my infatuated heart at one point or another, though Jonesy's was briefer than the rest. Jimmy and Robert, to the outsider seemed to be top contenders, but in all honesty my ideal male physically has always been John "Bonzo"Bonham. As time goes by, my pathetic crushes dissipate, only to be triggered again.

Well, I am back to being infatuated over Mr. Bonham. Forget the fact that he is dead, was married, and would be 27 years older than me, our "love" deserves a do-over. I know that it sounds nuts, but I never claimed to be sane.  

No comments:

Post a Comment